Monday, September 19, 2011

Motivation and coffee talk

Some might think this is an unusual post for a missions blog. But I see this as exciting LEAP, as far as changes go in this family! And seeing as how we still have a few months before anything mission related happens, I will be sharing some family updates. :)

As many of you know, Levi who is over 3 years old now has taken his sweet little time to be potty trained. He just has not had any interest-whatsoever.For the longest time he could stand there in training undies and wet them and run around like nothing happened. It did not faze him!

Well, recently he had become more aware of when he needed to go or had gone. But he would chicken out as soon as the little potty chair came out.  I figured, "Good, we are headed in the right direction. It might just be a baby step, but it's A STEP! I'm not going to push him." Veteran moms have told me, "He will do it when he is ready. Just give it time."

Yesterday Levi and I got to talking about him growing up and being a big boy. He was SO excited about the prospect of being grown up. His response? "Mom!!! I am going to be a man. Then I can drink COFFEE!!" When the subject of his growing up came up throughout the day, coffee was always mentioned. I guess men drink coffee!

And with his enthusiasm, volume and general zest for life, you would think he was already a coffee drinker! ;)

So yesterday we get home from church and Levi starts to do "the dance" and we ask if he'd like to try the potty chair. To our surprise he said yes. He usually gives up after a few minutes. But not today! He jumped up with excitement yelling, "I did it, I did it!" Sure enough, he had done it. Jon and I started jumping around with excitement and lots of cheering. We must all be coffee drinkers around here.

Last night we had a dry night. Today Levi is still gung-ho about visiting his froggy potty chair. One day I will tell him, over a cup of coffee, about his potty training story. And even show him this picture. Won't this cute picture be a fun one to share with him and his friends one day. ;)

1 comment: