Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mission Training Center


We had the chance to travel to the New Tribes Mission: Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Roach, Missouri last week to take a tour of where we will be living and studying starting in January.

I know, I know, I write that very calmly, but yet it's too bad a blog can't display how we really feel inside. For a small idea of how Jon and I are feeling it goes something like this:  Wowie, it's exciting!! Yet a little nerve wracking at the same time! How in the world did all of this happen SO fast? Are we ready? Will the house sell? The Lord will provide and make a way if it's His will...but still WOWIE WOW!!!!  So there you have it, a small taste of our personal feelings. ;)

We had a nice guy named Adam who gave us the tour. It took about 2 hours to get through everything. The boys did okay. As well as can be expected for 3 rambunctious boys in the middle of the afternoon. And after being cooped up in an airplane for several hours. Lots of energy! We got through it though and let the boys hike up some touristy trails after our tour. Best.idea.EVER!!

In case you want a little more information and background on the New Tribes Mission MTC here are a few links for you to check out. Here is the blog link for MTC:  http://usa.ntm.org/go/training/training-center/
Or you can take a short video tour if you click right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGmScupQxJc&noredirect=1
 I took photo after photo during our tour and I am trying to figure out how to upload an album as well as on Facebook and post the link on here. I don't think I can post all of the pictures on here, but I will add a few more so you get a sample of what we got to see.



Well that will be it for now. My little guys are getting restless. I guess I can only blog so much before everything falls apart around here.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome to see where you all will be at. Looks like a warm and inviting place... I know it will be a great time of bonding and learning for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete