Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Update on life

Well, we finished painting the house on Saturday evening. One of the best feelings.EVER!! I hope to get some pictures of the finished project soon.

We finished our paint job and headed up to Jon's parent's place so Jon could get in some hunting. Our first stop was spent sharing a meal with our lovely friends Joel and Annie. Annie is expecting their first baby and it was fun to share baby stories with her and look through baby clothes together.Praying for a safe delivery for her!

Jon and his brother were able to hunt and got 3 deer between them, 2 small bucks and a doe. Venison sausage sticks and deer chop here we come! What fun for Jon to get out after all of his hard work on the house and have some good ol' fun! I don't know if Jon will be able to make it back to his parent's place again next year for hunting, so this might be his last year for hunting for a while. (A long while!) Unless he can go hunting overseas? Maybe with a bow and arrow? ;)

We got home late Monday night, had appointments Tuesday and errands to run and a Mom's Night Out Tuesday. And now here I sit, Wednesday afternoon finally catching up on email, blogs and Facebook. I enjoy having this down time at home to recuperate. But then it feels strange to be home any longer than Jon's six day work week, I start to get antsy like I need to go and do some traveling.  I think the Lord had Jon and I get married for a very good reason--we like to be on the road and see the country and visit friends and family!

In New Tribes Mission news, here are a few pictures of the new-construction housing we might be living in come January:




We have just about all of our NTM documents sent into the admissions office. Last thing is our medical exams and then we are set to go--Lord willing! Packing will come next, but who needs to think about that? Ha...I need to stop thinking about that. Sleep seems to evade me when I start to mentally pack up our house.  I know it will all come together. But I also know that I will have the biggest sense of relief when we are finally moved into our student housing.

I guess I'm not meant to blog for very long, Jacer gave me a "little" mess in his crib for me to clean. Bath time!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you and Jon were definitely made for each other. And yes, I can totally see him hunting with a bow and arrow in a jungle somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete