Monday, December 5, 2011

Packing it all in!

  Whew!! What a whirlwind past few weeks! We spent a little over a week celebrating Thanksgiving with my family out East. What a great time of fun, food and laughter! My mom makes the best Thanksgiving meal ever!!! Her corn pudding is scrumptious, her turkey so moist, her pies delectable....the list goes on. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. MMMMmmmmm!

 My siblings had a drama class play they were putting on while we were there. I just need to take a minute to brag on them for a moment: It was great fun to watch my normally quiet 17-year-old brother play one of the main characters and be very articulate, with great voice projection and grow a beard for the part (!!! I used to change that boy's diapers, how can he be old enough to have whiskers?!) Not to mention the bazillion lines my 12-year-old sister had to memorize and she remembered every one of them on all 4 nights of the play. My 14-year-old sister did such a great job playing a..."shady lady" and a bird. Long story! Love you Laura Bee! ;) And my 19-year-old sister was awesome at everything she helped out with from make-up to costumes to cookie baking and even played a small part.
We hit the ground running when we got home. We headed up to Jon's parents home and picked up their pickup and their stock trailer. My Mom-in-law gave me boxes and plastic containers for me to use to pack up our stuff. Such a life saver that woman!

From their farm we drove straight to Jon's co-worker's house for his work's going away party for us. Such a beautiful home and such a fun evening! Great food and good laughs. Jon is going to really miss his co-workers who are more like family members to him. We hope to get back to visit everyone at the base when we get the chance. 
 Sunday was full and fun with friends. We are trying to spend as much time with everyone as we can before we leave. Enjoying every moment and every visit!

Today was the first day, officially of packing up our house. Had my best-est friend in the Midwest help me go through my attic and my house and find items that she could use. I kept telling her do you know how good this feels to know that all of this stuff is going to be put to good use? Not to mention, when I visit you I can see all of it again! Bonus: Free hauling away/pick up! ;) Honestly it was a little embarrassing to have someone see all of my dust bunnies and cobwebs. Thanks Q for not judging me...to my face anyway. LOL! :) I spent the rest of the evening packing until I had to take a break for a bit. During my break I thought boy I should update our blog and get to making our prayer cards and newsletter.
The next 3 weeks will be the craziest weeks of ours lives! Lots of packing, sorting, cleaning, paper work, dropping loads of stuff off at Jon's parents house and then preparing for Christmas. My motto these days: take it one day at a time!

I am ever so grateful for my in-laws who are providing us with a place to store anything we want to hang on to for sentimental reasons, for use later in life or for whatever reason. Such a huge relief!  The rest we are bringing to Missouri.

Please continue to pray for us during this chaotic time in our lives. Pray that we can get everything done in a timely manner, that the right buyer comes around in God's perfect timing and that we make sure to keep the Lord the center focus of our lives even in all of this craziness!

PS. If you would like to receive updates via email and get our newsletter but don't want your name or info posted here on our blog. Please send an email to us at: JLeedahl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment